Upgrade Fortigate Firmware from 5.6.0 to 5.6.3
Please subscribe my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Netsec?sub_confirmation=1
This short video will present how to do Fortigate Firmware upgrade automatically / manually.
1. Log into Fortigate 60E (FortiOS 5.6.0)
2. From System - Firmware page, you can see there are three updates, 5.6.1, 5.6.2, 5.6.3
3. Most important part, it is to review release notes to make sure the version you are going to upgrade to is compatible with your hardware.
4. FG-60E is in the supports model list.
5. Always choosing backup and upgrade button.
6. System will be rebooted automatically to apply the new firmware. I am using a continuous ping to verify system is up or not
7. System is up , now log in from WebGui again.
8. Verify system firmware version and functions.
Network Security Topics for AWS, Cisco, Checkpoint,Palo Alto, F5, Juniper, Fortigate, Vmware etc. https://blog.51sec.org